Monday, October 15, 2007

Sar poh fan



Now.. looking for Claypot rice in Penang is easy but I feel the rice that is cooked together with the soya sauce is hard to come by. It's common to get rice that has been cooked and just before serving, they pour in the soya sauce etc in, making the rice not evenly covered in sauce!However, I know of this place near Jelutong market at Kim Hee Cafe, beside Mat Toh Yau Dessert.
Better go early if even though your not hungry coz I have waited for nearly 1 hour for it! However I recently went during the Chinese Vegetarian Festival period, food was served in less than 10 minutes! We were literally in shocked!
I tell you, this claypot rice has salted fish, chinese sausage and the chicken is so ever tender and best of all..it's breast meat with no skin...

Big claypot

Small claypot
Another thing, normally this stall closes very early coz they'll run out of claypot rice before 7.30pm and I think they are not open on Sundays.

No comments: