Monday, August 6, 2007

Kapitan Nasi Kandar - Pt 1

At Kapitan (the one 49 Chulia Street), you can see both foreigners and locals eating and enjoying the food. You will not miss this joint coz it's the most 'happening' shop among the three nasi kandar shops at each corner. The seating arrangement for this place is as such the first floor is air conditioned (but I don't like the environment). Anyways, it's not hot downstairs either. The place maintains their cleanliness...but I don't know bout the toilet. I guess the place is famed for it's Tandoori Chicken which starts from only RM 6.50 per set, depending on the type of naan you order! I shall go into detail in another post coz I don't have photos with me! However, I've tried the 'Roti Tisu'...'Roti Tisu' is plain Roti Canai that is tossed to paper thin thickness, rolled up and drizzled with condensed milk. Sad to say, the one in Kapitan is not up to my expectation. The 'roti' is not thin enough and as if condensed milk is not sweet enough, the pastry is coated with coarse sugar! So the crunchiness is not from the pastry!


Poorly rated..not worth eating this Roti Tisu.. However the Tandoori.........to be continued.........

No comments: