Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Solid Rock Cafe

This eatery serves good and worth for money food! Their 4 course set lunch (A) are priced at RM 12.90++ and set lunch (B) are priced at RM 23.90++. The choice of Main course from the set lunch (A) are Fried chicken, pan fried fish or foot long sausage with sauce of your choice (mango, calamansi, bbq, black pepper and 'rempah' sauce. On the other hand, the main course choice for menu B is 3 peices of lamb (choice of mint, bbq or black pepper sauce) or Pasta (couldn't remember the choices they have)



The serving for soup of the day is huge with half a toasted garlic bun. The soup is not too creamy and it's home cooked unlike some places where they serve soup from the can! The garlic bread was not too 'garlicky' or too buttery..just nice.



I had the fish with mango sauce. I love to try unusual things which I may regret later. However, I didn't regret this time! The sauce was a pleasant surprise to be tasty and not too much mango taste but it's loaded with vinegar. It tasted good but the more I ate, it became too sourish! By the way, the fish is not dory..I felt that it was sea bass (I forgot to ask).



Dessert was pleasant as well. We got warm butter cake with mixed fruits with a drizzle of strawberry sauce. Mine has an extra half coz my colleague dumped it to my plate before I could say STOP!

Drinks is the usual coffee, tea, ice lemon tea, peach tea and mango juice. Overall the service is good and I give this place 2 thumbs up! I hope people would support them coz we were the only people in the shop other than another table! We also had a pleasant surprise when we paid the bill, the lady told us, the next time we dine, RM 12.00 would be deducted from our bill! (6 of us ate there, so i suppose they give RM 2 discount for every paying person). The shop name is SOLID ROCK CAFE at 11-A LINTANG BURMA, 10350 PENANG. It's situated at the row of shop houses behind Pulau Tikus's Bee Cheng Hiang

No comments: