Friday, September 7, 2007

Stella's place

This new place is practically operated from the garden of the proprietor, named Stella Lee! Don't let the name fool you coz she is an Austrian women, helped out by her daughter, Sandra. My mum introduced me to this place and they serve home-cooked wholesome food. 9 of us went and we had 9 plates each of spaghetti, soup and apple crumble & 2 plates each of pork chop, 1/2 roasted chicken and huge bowls of salad. I wouldn't say it's the best but it's fresh, authentic, simple and good food. All those amount of food, the bill came up to close to RM 200 and we had so much left overs - practically untouched!
I arrived late and I was so hungry, I drank my spinach soup in an instant!The garlic bread is so tasty, full of herbs and big chunks of garlic - don't know if my mum requested it or it's normal. Even after the soup, I was about to surrender! The amount is HUGE!!
My dad being a vegetarian, obviously had vegetarian spaghetti and when his spaghetti came, I nearly fainted! The portion is also HUGE! Stella's justification of it is....there's no meat in it, so the portion HAS to be BIGGER!! Goodness gracious..

Anyways, the rest of us had bolognese spaghetti. Unlike other places where the tomato sauce taste more like ketchup and artificial, this place makes their sauces from scratch from real tomatoes! I dunno but it tastes more healthy!
We also had 2 huge bowls of salad which we couldn't finish! Anyways, I'm not gonna brag bout the salad coz salad is salad!
The best dish has to be the pork chop!! When you order pork chop at other places, the meat they serve you is like .... - yuck..ooohhhh when the plate of pork came....it smelt so good and it taste so very good! Heck, even the potatoes were good!

Imagine the chunk of meat....i'm drooling as I type...Even the 1/2 roasted chicken is good...the skin is roasted to perfection, not charred and the meat is just nice! Everytime I take a bite from the food, I instantly think of home-cooked meals! Let's say it brings back memories...

As we ere eating in the garden, mum decided to help herself in the kitchen - she knows Stella...The apple crumble is in the oven!!I must hand it to Stella for making the apple pie not that sweet and the crumble is just superb!!

This place is at: No 2, Jalan Tanjung Bungah, 11200 Hillside Penang (Opposite ESSO station)
Tel no: 016 4868880 or 04-8998927

No comments: